Skip to main content

Meaning Of Focus-

Focus determines on whether you perceive your reality as good or bad, whether you feel happy or sad.  A fantastic metaphor for the power of focus is racing cars -  a real passion for me. Driving a Formula race car can sometimes make flying a jet helicopter seem like a very relaxing experience. In a race car you cannot allow your focus to wander even for  a moment from your outcome. Your attention can't be limited to where you are; neither can it be stuck in the past or fixed too far in the future.While remaining fully aware of where you are you have to be anticipating what's about to happen in the near future. 

This was one of the first lessons I learned when I started racing school. The instructors put me in what's called a "skid car" - an automobile that has a computer built into it with hydraulic lifts that can pull any wheel off the ground on a moment's signal from the instructor. 

The number one fundamental they teach in driving is: Focus on where you want to go, not on what you fear.

If you start to skid out of control, the tendency of course is to look at the wall. But if you keep focusing on it, that's exactly where you'll end up. Drivers know that you go where you look; you travel in the direction  of your focus. If you resist your fear, have faith, and focus on where you want to go, your actions will take you in that direction, and if it's possible to turn out of it, you will - but you stand no chance if you focus on what  you fear. Invariably people say, "What if you're going to crash anyway?" The answer is that you increase your chances by focusing on what you want.  

Focusing on the solution is always to your benefit. If you have too much momentum in the direction of the wall, then focusing on  the problem just before the crash is not going to help you anyway. 

When the instructors first explained this to me, I nodded my head and thought, "Of course! I know all about this. After all, I teach this stuff. My first time out on the road I was screaming along and all of a sudden, unbeknownst to me, they pushed the button. I started to skid out of control. Where do you think my eyes went? You bet! Right at the wall! In the final seconds, I was terrified because I knew I was going to hit it. The instructor grabbed my head  and yanked it to the left, forcing me to look n the direction I needed to go. We kept skidding, and I knew we were going to crash, but I was forced to look only in the direction I wanted to go. Sure enough, as I looked in that direction,, I couldn't help but turn the wheel accordingly. It caught at the last moment, and we pulled out. You can imagine my relief!............................


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 20 Tips To Increase Stamina

  We all love to be energetic. We have our favourite athletes and sportsmen whose energy we can’t help but marvel at. We get tired merely by climbing two floors and for them, even twenty would be a cake walk. Whenever one mentions the word ‘stamina’, what comes to our mind is physical strength. We do not associate the word to mental exertion. However, mental  stamina  is as important as your physical stamina. The mental aspect of enduring exertion is referred to as endurance. Endurance and stamina are two sides of the same coin and cannot go without each other. Now, you often wonder how to increase stamina by natural means? There are steroids and supplements available but they aren’t the way a lot of people prefer going about increasing stamina. The best part is that you need not go that way at all. There are natural means which are a combination of diet, exercise and lifestyle modifications that can increase your stamina the natural way. Here we are listing the top 20 wa...

INVESTING : Can You Borrow Money to Buy Stocks?

  It seems like an obvious move. We’re in a bull market and stocks are soaring. Interest rates are still near historic lows. If you can borrow money at a single-digit annual interest rate, you should be able to earn enough in the market to pay off the loan and earn a substantial profit. But how does that work in practice? Can you borrow money to buy stocks? And more importantly, should you? Let’s take a closer look. Yes, You Can Borrow Money to Buy Stocks The simple answer to the question is yes: you can invest borrowed money in stocks. It’s a risky strategy. It’s also quite popular, especially during bull markets. Some people have used it very effectively and made money. Others have lost, sometimes badly. That’s the simple answer, but how do you go about doing it? The decision to invest with bor rowed money comes down to comparing the cost of borrowing versus the expected investment returns… If the returns exceed the cost, then the transaction makes economic sense. How Can You Inv...

Sample Letter of Encouragement to Motivate My Son in Hard Times.....

  As a parent, it is your duty to appreciate and encourage your son. There are times that a few words of encouragement can give him all the power and energy to work with more dedication and force to achieve his goals. We must not forget that as our children grow up, they face toughest challenges of life and a   letter of encouragement   from their parents can prove to be the best thing in the hard times. To help you write a wonderful  inspiration letter of encouragement  to your son, we have come up with a sample example letter to give you an idea to write you own. You can also customize this one to suit your needs. Example Letter of Encouragement to Motivate My Son 16.10.2022 Dear Mark, When I took you in my arms for the first time, it was the most beautiful day of my life. And I feel so happy when I look at you because you are not just a great boy to look at but also a wonderful human being inside. Your dad  and I always feel so proud of you that you have...